The Office of the Municipal Manager is the driving force behind Bergrivier Municipality's administration and integrates all the different components of the municipality into its strategic and operational plans. The Municipal Manager is the head of the administration and is responsible and accountable for all aspects of the Municipality and is also legally the Municipality’s Accounting Officer. The different directors of all the functionary directorates report directly to the Municipal Manager. All incumbents were appointed in terms of the Local Government Municipal Systems Act, 2000 (Act 32 of 2000) with the required experience, knowledge, skills and educational levels. Adv Linde holds a MBL-degree from UNISA Business School in Midrand, Johannesburg and is registered as a Professional Municipal Manager at the Institute of Local Government Managers of South Africa. Adv Linde is the chairperson of the Municipal Manager’s Forum in the Western Cape since 2015.
Municipal Manager - Advocate Hanlie Linde
The Municipal Manager is the head of administration and accounting at Bergrivier Municipality and is furthermore responsible for:
- Municipal transformation and organisational development;
- Basic service delivery;
- Local Economic Development (LED);
- Implementation of the Integrated Development Plan (IDP);
- Performance Management system as well as the Service Delivery Implementation Plan (SDBIP);
- Municipal sustainability and management;
- Good management and public participation, and
- Implementation of the strategic objectives of the municipality, and advisory services regarding policies to the Executive Mayor, Council and Committees.